About this Book
With so much competition for attention from cell phones and other digital devices, the person who can successfully get a group to listen definitely has the edge in business, educational, and community circles. Those who don’t master this vital skill set can stay stuck on the sidelines, passed over when promotions and other new opportunities arise.
In Public Speaking for the GENIUS, you’ll discover how to:
- Avoid the most common mistakes of presentations
- Focus on what members of your audience really want and need from you so they’ll listen
- Engage your audience and maintain interest in a world with attention deficit disorder
- Employ tactics to overcome fear and anxiety in speaking
- Start with the end in mind. What do you want your audience to do?
- Organize a great presentation with a strong opening, body, and conclusion
- Gain extra value by repurposing your content for blogs, radio, and webinars
- Tell stories to engage, inspire, and motivate your listeners
- Use your words, voice, and body language to connect with your listeners and convey a deeper meaning
- Prepare and rehearse in a deliberate, efficient way for maximum impact
- Deal with the unexpected, hostile questions, and technology
Beginners to advanced public speakers will enjoy the easy-to-read, conversational style of author Anne B. Freedman, a veteran executive communication coach and corporate trainer. With humor and candor, she relates the successes and failures of her own speaking experiences drawn from her work with business and civic leaders worldwide.
By reading Public Speaking for the GENIUS, you’ll:
- Save time and energy putting together your own messages
- Feel more confident about speaking before any kind of audience
- Reduce your anxiety when you are called on to express your opinions
- No longer avoid opportunities to share your expertise with others
About the For the GENIUS Series
The For the GENIUS series is a line of how-to books about any topic that people want to learn. Though written in a conversational style, GENIUS books are thorough and authoritative treatments of the subject. They are written by experts in the subject who want to share with others what they’ve learned.